Monday, August 8, 2011

Everyone loves a parade...

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Today my husband and I attended a local parade.  Apparently, you can't just go and watch parades anymore, you have to be solicited while standing on the curb watching  50 different kinds of fire engines go by. I had my hands in my pocket and had my general, "don't bother me" expression on my face (which works pretty good, most of the time), so no one tried to give me any propaganda. My husband on the other hand, who is mostly friendly (to a fault sometimes), collected hand-outs for "Kegs for Kiltz" and "Square Dancing for the Health of it." They didn't give the flyers to everyone, seemed to be hand-picking their targets, so really, not sure what that says about the "vibe" my husband and I are giving off.  I do know that when the Youth Ministry came along with their pamphlet, my husband said, "No thanks, they already got me, got one."  I looked at him and said, "Did they really, I didn't see them...?"  He said, "no, they didn't."  So, to put this in perspective, my husband gladly takes the Kegs for Kiltz and the square dancing thing, but draws the line at youth ministry.  I just have a feeling, at some point, perhaps, post death, this is going to come up.  I have concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...