Sunday, August 14, 2011

Who ever got ab's in just 7 minutes a day?

Not a lot of exciting things happen on a Sunday, for me.  It's usually, laundry, errands, grocery store, etc. and if we are lucky, some sort of relaxation or entertainment.  Today we hauled two loads of hay and then spent some time cleaning out the barn.  This is neither relaxing nor entertaining...unless you are going through your husband's old VHS movie collection. That is entertaining.  Most of it was the normal stuff from the 80's, but when I found the 7 minute ab workout by Sheena Easton, I had concerns.  Will says it was from an ex-girlfriend.  A plausible explanation. The video tape about sewing, another alleged ex-girlfriend keepsake, I suppose.  The country line dancing box set, ok, that was a craze for a while.  The movie Mannequin...the lead guy in that movie always gave me the creeps.  Will wasn't sure he wanted to get rid of all this prize VHS history, but with my "encouragement" I helped him become ok with it. We ended up freeing ourselves from VHS and that gave us time to move on to the box of beanie babies he had saved.  I can't really criticize the beanie babies, I guess, since I am the owner of about 10 boxes of stuffed ponies.  No one touches the ponies. They are mine. This is non-negotiable.

As we were leaving for the dump, truck full, small trailer loaded behind, Will notices our cat, Trouble, launching herself from the trailer.  That's right, the cat was trailer trash.  I'm assuming she wasn't suicidal since she jumped out while we were moving slow, but had she waited much longer, that could have gotten ugly.  Brings a whole new meaning to "sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug."  Can you imagine driving down the road and then, splat, cat on your windshield?  Graphic.  It's only funny now because no harm was done, I don't actually wish horrific death on the cat.  Put the phone down, do not call animal control.

As the afternoon winds down, I have to say, the cat thing was the most exciting thing that happened all day.  And I don't think we can count my temper tantrum in the barn when I threatened to rip off all my clothes and go naked because I was sick and tired of my jeans sliding down my butt and dragging my underwear down with them, thusly causing me to have to pull both items of clothing up all day. 

Anyway, the whole point is, Sheena Easton didn't give anyone abs in 7 minutes a day, the cat lived and I didn't go around naked all day.  I mean, you can't clean the barn naked, who does that?  Will and I clearly have a few things to learn about living life to the fullest.  Maybe next weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...