Wednesday, January 4, 2012

How did sh*t get in the bed?

So, it would seem that 2012 is not going to come in gently. One thing after another seems to keep happening. Some people might say that "sh*t happens" so just roll with it.  Well, last night, sh*t did happen.  This is a real life accounting of last nights events.

I arrived home very tired.  Especially since my Mom lives just down the road from us and the mailcarrier called her house and advised that her horses were running down the road.  In fact, the mailcarrier described three of our horses perfectly.  My Mom was not home, but my sister was.  My sister called me upset because it was dark and she could not see if all horses were accounted for and apparently could not find a flashlight.  So, on the way home, I stopped in and helped her inspect the fence and take a headcount.  As it turns out, our mailcarrier must have seen someone else's horses.  Whew! Close call, who needs that drama?

I told Will that all I wanted to do was just go to bed, I was tired.  We ate dinner, chilled on the coach briefly and then went to bed.  Thirty minutes later, Spanky started whining. More of a pathetic whimper.  Grumbling, I went downstairs and let him outside.  He patrolled the yard briefly and came back.  I locked him back up in the designated dog area and went back to bed.  The wind was blowing crazy hard outside, so it was difficult to sleep, so at 2AM when Spanky started to whimper again, Will and I were easily roused.  Will took his turn and went down to let Spanky out.  Again, Spanky patrolled the yard to ensure our safety.  If ever there was a time I felt more secure it was now, knowing my 7lb mini daschund was standing guard.  Will went in and used the bathroom while he was waiting for Spanky.  It is noteworthy to say that there is a night light in the bathroom, but it offers very little light. We did not want to fully wake up, so no lights were turned on.  It was at this time, I decided I should probably go to the bathroom too.  Will and I passed on the staircase grumbling about 2AM doggie needs. 

As I sat on the potty I saw the light from upstairs reflect off the far wall.  Why would Will turn the light on? I stood up, and as I did, I felt something in my toes.  At the same moment I realized my dilema I heard Will say, "What the hell is going on?!  There is dogsh*t in the bed...how the hell did that get there?!"  I yelled, "OH....EWWWWWWW I have dogsh*t between my toes!!!  I know how it got up there, you tracked it there!"  Will is upstairs yelling, I'm downstairs yelling, this is how "sh*t happens."  I took the necessary steps to rid my toe jam areas of poo and Will was upstairs trying to get the poo off the bed sheets because apparently he had climbed into bed, moved his foot around and smeared it all over the sheets before realizing it was there.  Additionally, it was tracked from the bathroom all the way up the stairs.  At this point, all lights are on and we are running around baffled about why this had to happen.  The dogs don't have accidents like this, this isn't normal.

Upon further inspection in the bathroom, one of the little "angels"  (I believe it was Lilly) had pooped and peed right in front of the toilet.  Now, I do applaud them for chosing their location and I can't blame them for not being able to drag their ass up on the toilet seat to do it justice, but I have to also believe that there was malice in their choice of location.  I can't confirm, but I might have heard doggie snickering from under the blankets where they were hiding during the tirade.

We finally got things cleaned up and returned to bed.  We were in bed for about 10 minutes, both of us, wide awake.  And that's when the whimpering started.  I'd had enough.  I yelled, what could only be considered a tribal type yell, "Shut up you little bastard and GO TO BED!!!"  The quiet lasted until approximately just before Will's alarm went off at 3:30AM.  No rest for the weary.

So when people say, "sh*t happens" this is just the kind of thing they are talking about.  I want it to happen to someone else.  I want sleep to happen to us tonight instead.  Maybe we should trade the dogs in for something quieter like...a fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...