Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Wednesday - good vs. bad

Will asks me each night, "How was your day today?"  I either tell him it sucks, or it was fine.  He often presses me, "so nothing special happened today, you didn't take hostages?"  I usually say, "no."  Today nothing special happened, but I thought I would break it down anyway.  We will compare the good vs. the bad points, just to be fair.

Good - My hair looked good when I left the house.
Bad - By the time I got to work, hair not so great.  My pal Cassie at work has super short hair that she wears all spikey every single day and she uses a product called "Sticky Gum" in her hair.  Nothing, and I do mean nothing, is going to ruin her hair day.  We call her hair orgasmic for a reason. She  tells me I am too critical of my hair, but again, she could sky dive and still not have a hair out of place.

Good - The fly that was in the process of dying in the light fixture over my desk yesterday, driving me nuts with the "zzzzzt....zzzzzzt........zzzzzzt,"  seems to have finally died.
Bad - Now I have that stupid Christmas song, "....There's something up the chimney and I don't know what it is, but it's been there since last Christmas..." stuck in my head.  The fly in agony would have been a refreshing change.  See, be careful what you wish for. (to be clear, I haven't heard that song in a long time, so why it is there now, no one knows)

Good - Gretchen brought Kiss Cookies and I ate two.
Bad - Gretchen brought Kiss Cookies and I ate two.

Good - I didn't have to tell anyone to go to hell today.
Bad - This unused, bottled up energy is going to compound and gain strength like a hurricane.  By Friday, I could end up telling someone to "F - off."

Good - I didn't cry today.
Bad - I ate a lot of chocolate, possibly as a direct result.  I'm now out of chocolate.  This is a problem.

Good - I asked the VP for a credit limit increase on my corporate card up to $25K.
Bad - I don't think she is on board with this plan.

Bad - Traffic sucked on the way home and I didn't pee before leaving.
Good - First, I didn't pee my pants.  Second, I listened to Enya so the dumb-asses were less annoying. Third, when traffic did finally break up, it was really good the car directly behind me was not a cop, because I went 70mph in a 60mph.

Good - Will is making dinner.
Bad - It's something with hamburger and potato chips.  Like Mom always said, "if you got hamburger and you got potato chips...you got a meal!"

Good - Everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit at work.
Bad - Everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit at work.  Within a few days it is going to look like Christmas threw up all over the place in there and I am powerless to stop it. My boss still wants enough snowflakes made for everyone in the center.  Can we fast forward to January, please?

Good - One of my bosses is out of the office all this week.  The other boss is out tomorrow and Friday.
Bad - I'm probably going to be making more of those freakin snowflakes the rest of the week in their absence instead of doing something fun, like Jib Jab.

So, that sums it up, not earth shattering, but my day in a nutshell.  So, next time I say my day was "fine" maybe we can leave it at that.

Good -  Time to go feed the ponies...they are waiting.  Bad - Will has the remote.  Bad - He is watching Family Guy. 

Outside I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...