Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A little something about nothing

It's been a long day. I'm not going to go over the details of the day as it wasn't anything exciting enough to blog about really.  I mean, there were some moments when my head almost spun around, but this is pretty standard.  Par for the course, as they say. I put out some fires, made some snowflakes, passed out some gift cards, had to run to Target to purchase more gift cards....blah, blah, blah. 

They are rotating in a new side-kick for me for the month of December.  She is very nice. I've been told she is shy and that this will be a good opportunity to bring her out of her shell.  I told her today, "I'll just treat you like a turtle...you know, if a turtle's head gets stuck in the shell, we'll just poke our thumb up your butt and your head will pop out."  I don't really know if she appreciated this analogy, but if nothing else, I am an eloquent communicator. I told her by the end of the month she would be tougher.  She says she has a high tolerance for whining and stupidity.  We shall see my young apprentice...we shall see.

Had to go the long way home tonight since the little town I drive through is flooded thanks the bleepity, bleep, bleepin rain.  I'm finally here, relaxed, decompressing while browsing FB, and I look over at the couch and there is my beloved, passed out, snoring.  Now, Will and I have a rule, no blackmail pictures, no posting without permission, no sneak attacks on Facebook with photo's.  Because of this, let me describe to you the vision on my couch.  It's my man.  He is sporting his brown lounge pants with a large salmon print, a Big Dog shirt with some saying about how he isn't a freakin' people person, thick socks and camo-print slippers.  His legs are all sprawled out, kind of in sitting position, his body is slumped to the side, his head is in an unnatural position, mouth is open and he has a pile of wiener dogs on his crotch.  He's snoring.  He is a vision of all I fell in love with. Some Redneck Rocket Scientist show is on TV in the background.  If I touch the remote, he will wake up.  Afterall, he's watching that. I would just like to say, as a disclaimer, I am no sleeping beauty when found in my natural habitat of fleece sheets and pony pj's in a semi comatose state, but right now, I'm the one taking in the scene and I have to say to myself...thank goodness this image was not his profile picture when we met on-line over 7 years ago.  If he would just let me post the occasional picture, I wouldn't have to have these kinds of dialogs.

I think it's time to pull the plug on how to make a rocket airplane thing and get sleeping beauty to bed.  Here's to hoping tomorrow has something more exciting in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...