Sunday, November 27, 2011

Toilet Paper, it's important

It was a long weekend. We travelled over to Will's parents, which is about a 5-6 hour drive in the winter.  We arrived no worse for the wear and had a nice time.  I made peanut butter balls for the in-laws since last year I didn't make them any and this has not been forgotten.  In my defense, I did make them last year...Will and I just ate them before I could get them packaged up and mailed. So, I have now fulfilled this year's obligation.  I also left my Mother-in-law a special gift.  I won't comment on it now since I don't know if she has found the gift yet, or if she will read this before she does, but let's just not talk about it.  I will say it isn't the kind of gift that my dog leaves me when I leave him loose in the house, but she may or may not enjoy this gift.

In other news, on the way home, in Wenatchee, at Jack-in-the-Box, I had a rather annoying experience.  I'm so going to call that customer service survey hotline.  I go into the bathroom and first of all, having to get greased up to get in the stall is demerit number one.  I mean, what the hell is a matter with these places, you are serving fattening, fast food.  Your clientele is not the contestants on America's Next Top Model.  Your clientele is from the Biggest Loser. Then, demerit number two, I almost got bucked off the toilet seat because they believe in a loose fit on the seats in there.  I'm a freakin rodeo champion, I rode it out for more than eight seconds. Demerit number three, toilet paper.  Thank goodness I wasn't having the problems of the gal in the handi-capped stall, because the toilet paper was so thin, everytime I grabbed it, it ripped.  I've seen spider webs that were thicker than that toilet paper.  I was having an all out rodeo with the toilet paper dispenser trying to get a full sheet off that freakin roll. I finally got a few squares off and took care of things.  I don't know what that gal was going to do in the handi-capped stall.  There was no way she was ever going to get enough paper off to take care of that problem. I think this is why public bathrooms are a mess.  I think this is why I look at them and think, "what the hell happened in here?"  What happened in there is that some poor soul couldn't get enough paper and had to wipe their ass all over the seat and the wall.  This is why hand sanitizer...and hazmat suits are so vital to survival in this day and age.

I am exhausted.  Time to start another work week.  Tomorrow is another new hire day at work.  Time for badge pictures and general chaos.  Hip hip hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...