Monday, December 19, 2011

WARNING: Hoodie sweatshirts hazardous at Applebees

Life has been pretty stressful and pretty crazy the last couple of weeks.  There have been many rants in my head and many reasons to blog my Angry Pony rants, but none of them seemed appropriate since many of them revolved around my father's stay in the hospital and his passing.  Even in death we must find some sort of humor in order to survive and keep from crying all the time, but I held back none the less. 

I have missed some work in light of the situation.  I missed an open house hiring event, screening, interviews, making more snowflakes and many other "fun" adventures that would have been good blog fodder.  I've had a bit of a dry spell, you might say.  Tonight I would like to just have a small rant to get back into the swing of things.

Mom and I spent some time together this afternoon and then decided to go to Applebees for dinner.  Now, I wasn't looking super hot.  I was wearing a red hoodie sweatshirt and my hair was a bit scraggly, but not in a homeless way, just in a "I don't give a crap" way.  Mom and I were immediately sat down in a spacious booth. It wasn't too crowded and it was relaxing.  Hotter than the hubs of hell, but relaxing.  Then, a woman-child shows up with her year and half year old daughter and was sat in the booth directly behind me.  I think the little girls name was Kaitlyn and she had a pony tail sticking straight up on the top of her head.  She was trouble.  Kaitlyn immediately decided that she was going to face my mom and I and wave.  Isn't that cute? Why yes, it was.  Mom waved back.  The people in the other booths waved to her.  Isn't she precious?
Mom said, "She is really cute, and she is really quiet too."  I said, "for now."

I was sitting there minding my own business when Kaitlyn decided to throw her little baggie of juice and snacks right next to me in my purse.  Her mother was very apologetic and I returned the childs stuff and smiled sweetly, "that's ok."  I'd now like to talk about what is NOT okay.  I was sitting there eating my dinner when all of the sudden, my hood was grabbed and yanked...hard...three times.  Isn't she precious?  My Mom almost shot pop out her nose as my eyes got big and my head jerked backwards. I then scootched over so she couldn't reach me, but apparently Kaitlyn had some sort of monkey training because she was all over the place.  Just when I thought they were leaving and I was safe, I sat back up straight.  Kaitlyn apparently really liked me because she grabbed a chunk of my hair and gave it a good jerk.  I don't really know what the appropriate way to handle that situation, but thanks to all the cold medication I have been taking, my cat-like reflexes were dulled.  As it stands, Kaitlyn lived.  It was her lucky day.

So, I say to you, my friends, let this be a lesson.  Do not wear hoodie sweatshirts to Applebees...or any other place where booths and children are allowed to mix.  It's a serious hazard. And, if your child is Kaitlyn, give her a spanking every once in a while, eh?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...