Thursday, November 22, 2012

Mean Girl - Get a Life

Last week I had a fellow blogger friend that was attacked by an anonymous asshat on her page.  The comment  was mean, uncalled for and immature.  Not to mention, hurtful.  I told her how I might react to the situation, if it had been me, but understood that her demeanor and mine were quite different. I suggested that she take some time to think about it, and strike back intelligently and with purpose.  She did just that, with all her style and grace and I was proud of her for taking a stand.

Apparently, tonight was my night to be tested. I've had a rough couple of weeks, for many reasons, but I am a survivor and I managed to muster through.  I credit my family and friends for being there for me and being such a wonderful support.  Anyway, I'm minding my own business tonight.  I'm at my Mom's house.  It is our first Thanksgiving without my Dad, so it is weird, but we are making the best of it.  I'm still recovering from surgery on Monday, so I am a little woozy and laying low.  Had a small dinner and was hanging out with my sister.  My phone buzzes.  I check it and it is a message from a girl that used to be one of my 4-H kids back when I was a 4-H leader.  Mind you, I haven't seen this girl, haven't talked to this girl, I mean no contact in over 15 years.  I have heard from a few different sources over the years about her life and what she has been up to.  She was even a Facebook friend, but she didn't really comment much.  Some of her pictures and comments seemed ridiculous to me, but who am I to judge, it's her life.  I believe in living and let living.  Her life is none of my business.  Doesn't matter what I think of her, it's not my life.  Tonight, however, out of the blue, she sends me the following personal message via Facebook:
"You know what kind of posts i hate reading? pathetic ones about how fat someone is as they eat another candy bar....good bye cassondra."

What the hell is she talking about?  I sat there and contemplated my recent posts and my recent blogs.  I don't recall saying in my posts "oh, I'm so fat and I don't know why...I've only had 3 candy bars today, I just don't understand..." I don't recall posting anything like that.  I do poke fun at myself for making bad choices. I do poke fun at my life as a fat person.  I do comment on my struggles.  And, sometimes, I get pretty down about it. I have no intention of giving up my fight with my weight and it will always be a struggle.  I don't think that makes me pathetic.  I think it makes me honest and real.  And, no one has to read what I write. This statement she made to me infuriated me.  I wanted to tear her apart.  I wanted to call out all of the things in her life that make her pathetic in my eyes.  But, here is the thing, aside from what I have heard about her, I don't really know who in the hell she is anymore because she has not been in my life.  I have no more right to trash her than she has to trash me.  I'm just still sitting here amazed at her.  What a joke she is.  What a poor excuse of a person to think she is so evolved and so much better than everyone else that she should have the power to tear me down.  Hey little dreadlock bitch, go F yourself.  In case you haven't noticed, you were not needed in my life the past 15 years and I sure don't see you holding any sort of importance in the next 15 years. It must be amazing to be you, because you are perfect and you are the moral compass for good vs. bad and right vs. wrong. How fortunate for you that you have made only good decisions in your life. You really should go on the road as in inspirational speaker, because clearly, you are tuned in to what is going on in people's lives.  

This girl means nothing to me, but she struck a nerve.  So much so, I read many of my recent FB posts and looked at some of my blogs.  I don't even know what tonight's attack was about. I haven't talked about eating candy bars. Actually, I have been talking about how I have been trying so hard to be good, and going to the gym, etc.  I don't know what she is referring to.  I'm the kind of person that likes to understand the why's behind these types of personal attacks but, here's the thing, I'm not going to know and that is okay.

Most people that read my blog respond positively to my method of venting or expressing myself.  They enjoy the comedy of it because they can relate on some level, or they appreciate that I can laugh about it.  Let me be clear to anyone that might not enjoy it - STOP READING IT.  It's that simple.  I'm not asking for your acceptance. I'm not asking for your approval.  I'm not asking you to be a follower.  I'm not asking you to agree with what I have to say.  If you don't like what you read here, MOVE ON.  I make no excuses for who I am, how I act, or what I decide to write about.  If tearing me down makes you feel better about who you are, I can assure you, you are exactly the kind of person I couldn't give a shit less about in this life.

So, to the person that sent me that message tonight, get over yourself.  You will not be missed.  May I not encounter your mean little spirit ever again.  And, thank you for reminding me how thankful I am for the amazing people that I do have involved in my life that love me.

If anyone else shares her views, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
 

1 comment:

  1. I really can't think of anything to say to this, except how terrible this is to say to someone. At least the comment I received was submitted Anonymously, I'm not sure how I would have handled it if I had known the person. I'm proud of you for standing up!

    Kate
    www.allthingskate.com

    ReplyDelete

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...