Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dear Thursday, I'm Bad Ass!

I woke up thinking this was Friday.  Nope, it's Thursday.  A cruel reality.  I decided the best way to handle this was to listen to AC/DC Back in Black on the way to work.  By the time I got to work, I was BAD-ASS.  That's right, Thursday can't touch me, I will kick it's ass! 

Upon arriving at my desk and signing in, the usual suspects poked the bear.  Whatever, I'm Back in Black, baby, I'll Cock it and Pull it.  And then the maintenance boys showed up to restructure the walls by my desk. To say they made a hot mess and a lot of noise is an understatement.  This went on all day.

Yesterday the group right next to me had a potluck. I was strong, I didn't stray from my new resolve to behave. Today the group on the other side of me had a potluck.  What is wrong with these people.  All day I am staring at a damn chocolate cake with these big smiling flowers on it.  The frosting must have been two inches deep.  I wanted to shove my hand down in that cake, grab one of those damn smiley flowers and then smear it on someone and then yell, "Smile about that, Bitch!"  I had a few people I could think of that would be perfect victims, but I remained focused.  Hells Bells, this is going to be a long day. 

And so the day went.  It seemed everyone wanted something and the construction going on in my area had me on edge.  I had one project that was particularly frustrating.  I marched over to one of the other departments where there are new people that don't know me.  The person I was looking for had gone home for the day.  It was only 2pm, where in the hell did this hooligan go?  I kind of railed about it.  Ok, skip the "kind of" part.  This other guy that is new to the department looked at me and said, with kind of wide eyes, "I don't ever want to make you mad."  I raised my brows at him and said, "No, you do not."  And with that, I returned to my area.  I'd like to say at this point, if there is going to be construction going on, I at least want eye-candy to look at.  No such luck.  One of the guys said, "Oh geez, I'm starting to sweat."  Well, Space Cowboy, why don't you try cutting off half of your long-ass scraggly hair and buying some deoderant.  It's worked for millions of people nationwide.

About now, another round of Shamrock shakes showed up from McDonald's.  They bought three extra.  I had one in my hand.  I smelled it...I really wanted a drag out of that straw, but I didn't.  It was supposed to be for my boss, but then someone else said they needed it, so I gave it away.  My boss didn't need that shake either.  He doesn't even realize I am not just an admin, I'm his nutritionist.  I realize a few weeks ago I was bringing him corn dogs, but today...today, if I couldn't have a shake, neither was he.

Next thing I know, the phone rings.  It looks like another person is here for a typing test.  I'm kind of getting sick of them, but I paste on that scary, perky admin smile like I am vying for Miss Admin USA and head off  to go get the candidate.  I notice on the way down to get them that  the room  I need for the typing test is occupied by one of our employees that has a young child and needs to pump her breast milk, let's call her Boobalicious.  I knock and ask her how long it is going to be.  She says five minutes.  I guess I can stall for five minutes.  I've got stuff to do, doesn't anyone know I have stuff to do? 

I finally finish running around taking care of the typing test.  I now need to place a large order of equipment for the company.  I'm using a requisition process I have never used before.  It's a little confusing, but I'm a big girl and I'm going to figure it out.  I click on the link that says "Support" thinking it will give me some tips.  It gives me a drop down menu and one of the options is a manual on how to use this system.  Jackpot.  Look how self-reliant I am!  I open the manual and it is a one page document with one sentence across the top.  It is identifying itself as a help manual.  I closed it, tried it again.  Nope, still nothing.  I tried the other option on the menu which was providing me a contact list for "support."  I look at the email address and then put it into an email.  Turns out it is no longer a valid email.  I'm not going to lie, my disbelief and frustration lead to an outburst.  I took a screen shot and sent it to my boss and said, and I quote, "Seriously?"   It was getting late, I figure I'll deal with this tomorrow.

The great thing about tomorrow is that it actually will be Friday.  One of my bosses will be out of the office and he said, and I am quoting this exactly, "I don't care what you do."  I felt a warm glow in my heart, kind of like when you see the Grinch's heart grow for the first time in The Grinch that Stole Christmas.  It was a glorious feeling.  I"m not stupid enough to believe anyone will actually allow me to do "whatever I want"without a lot of interruptions, but I am sure going to give it the college try.  Maybe AC/DC can help me out again.

To those that need inspiration...here's the play list.  I heart this album.
Side one
  1. "Hells Bells" – 5:10
  2. "Shoot to Thrill" – 5:17
  3. "What Do You Do for Money Honey" – 3:33
  4. "Given the Dog a Bone"[20] – 3:30
  5. "Let Me Put My Love into You" – 4:16
Side two
  1. "Back in Black" – 4:14
  2. "You Shook Me All Night Long" – 3:30
  3. "Have a Drink on Me" – 3:57
  4. "Shake a Leg" – 4:06
  5. "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...