Wednesday, December 5, 2012

My First Fan Encounter!

I know recently my blog has been reading more like an internet diary than an entertaining blog, but that is my life.  And my blog is about my life and my views, so if people don't like it, they can suck it.  Today, however, I realized, some people still like it.

I was sitting at my desk at work when this girl I had never seen before approached.  She said, "Are you Cassondra White?"  In retrospect, I should have found out more information before giving myself up so easily.  I mean, a girl can't be too careful.  She might have been a tax auditor or some sort of bio-hazard inspector.  As it turns out, she was a fan of Angry Pony.  She said, "My name is Zumba Spooner (this isn't her real name, of course...and I think she is the big spoon) and I love your blog, I just had to meet you and shake your hand!"  I was taken aback.  This is big.  I mean, I have a fan.  So this is what Justin Bieber feels like?  Wow.  I shook her hand and she was ever so sweet about telling me how much she enjoyed my blog. I apologized to her for all the details of my life that she has been subjected to, but she seems to enjoy hearing about my trials and tribulations.  I felt like I should grab something and autograph it.  I mean, she did come all the way up to the penthouse in the glass palace to meet me.  Alas, I was not prepared.  I should get some Angry Pony head shots done and copies made.

It got me to thinking, maybe I need an agent.  Or a handler.  I mean, what if she brings friends next time and they come and snap pictures of me while I am Jib Jabbing?  That is a sacred process, that cannot go viral. What if I am in the bathroom trying to decide what stall to use based on the amount of feces, dead flies or bodily fluids on the floor and she comes in and watches me?  What if I'm in a stall with a Pranx situation going on or cutting my tights off and a camera appears under the stall wall?  I'm not saying Zumba Spooner is a stalker, I'm just saying, what if this first encounter leads to other encounters and my life is suddenly "exposed."  And then, I calmed down, because I don't really know how much more exposed someone could make me, aside from pictures.  I mean, I've told stories about everything from stepping in dog crap in the middle of the night to 50 Shades of Oversharing to referencing my "easy bake oven" and cooking "bread in it."  I think I've done a good job of doing damage control if my fan base increases to say two or more people.

So, thank you, Zumba Spooner.  Thanks for reading!  I mean, I don't know what it says about you that you enjoy my graphic regurgitation of my life, but you're in  good company.  Of the followers I have that I know, I can tell you, you are in truly good company.  I don't know about socks and sandals guy, but Zumba Spooner, you're one of us! 

Footnote: For those of you wondering why the name Zumba Spooner, I have seen a picture of her doing some sort of floor exercise right next to another  girl at Zumba.  I promise, I'm not on any narcotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...