Monday, December 31, 2012

Love My Peeps

I have mentioned a few times over the course of my blogging days that my job drives me crazy.  And it does. There are a lot of times I want to punch people in the head.  You have to be on some of these people constantly and you have to do some babysitting.  However, with all that said, I do like the people I work with...I mean most of them, there are a couple I'm kind of on the fence about. Some of them do make me crazy, but overall, they are good people.  They are no different than me.  They come to work everyday and do the best they can with whatever the company throws at them.  And, to be honest, the company has one hell of a pitching arm.  Things are not always easy and times get tough, but at the core of it all, at the end of the day, they are good people. Fun people. Real people.  And no matter what their check shows on payday, if you ask them to donate to needy families, or do volunteer work,  or whatever cause the company is supporting, they are all over it.  That is just how they roll and I am lucky to know many of them. Back in the day, I used to be an on-line rep., I know what most of them go through on a day to day basis.  I, personally, hated it.  I didn't hate the customers, I hated the pressure of it all.  Making your numbers, taking enough calls, not deviating from your schedule, etc.  So, with all that in mind, I try and make them laugh.  I send humor their way and I help them when I can.  Doesn't mean I don't want to lose my mind when the 10th person tells me there are no paper towels in the bathroom, but I know people in high places, and those people can get paper towels, so I make it happen.  It's what I do. I take care of my peeps.

I can also appreciate what the supervisors and managers go through as well.  Being in the admin role, I sometimes  see what is coming down the pipeline for them before they do.  I know the struggles they have with the day to day job and I sympathize.  I mean, don't get me wrong, if they make me  mad, I chew their ass, but I like to think it is with love. Expense reports, people, come on!

I say all of these things because I really do have a lot to be thankful for and in a strange twist of Angry Pony emotions, I wanted to say "Thank You!"  With everything going on with me, I've had a lot of people asking how I am and being concerned.  The supervisors got together and sent me some beautiful flowers to cheer me up and I have another friend that crocheted me some cool pink slippers.  And then, today, Valerie brought me a care package from my peeps at work.  Apparently they took up a collection and went out and bought me some things they thought I would enjoy doing on my journey to recovery, plus threw in some money for clothes when I lose some weight.  It was the sweetest gesture and I am truly touched by their generosity and the thought they put into it. My favorite gift in the care package was this Unicorn Dream Lite.  How did they know I had almost bought one of these for myself several times?!  I am so excited, I can't even wait until it gets dark tonight.  Will wasn't as excited as I was, but he will be sleeping while I will be laying in bed watching unicorns and stars on the ceiling!!!

Unicorn Dream Lite!

So, when people ask me why I stay at the Glass Palace if it drives me so crazy, this is why.  The people there are good people and we are all in this together.  Eventually, this whole thing will either fold, or I will reach my limit and then it will be like the Titanic and I will be pushing women and children out of my way so I can get on the first life raft out of there.  Until that happens, thank you so much work peeps!  You are the best and you made my day!

And, since I don't know when I am going to be all thankful again, I want to thank everyone else that is not a work peep for their support during this whole ordeal lately, and for all the other times in the past that I've needed them.  I'm a pain in the ass and I'm an over-sharer and dammit, I still can't shake you guys, so I think that makes me pretty damn lucky.  Oh, and the best husband ever.  Can't forget him. That reminds me, that Nerf gun that my work peeps got me, I almost shot Will's eye out.  Valerie witnessed it.  That gun is KICK ASS and I am going to get into so much trouble with it!  Can't. Wait.  I actually think Will is going to have a bruise on his temple.  For the record, it was an accident.  I was over stimulated from the Unicorn Dream Lite and I lost my mind a little.  Sorry, baby.

Here's to the best friends an Angry Pony can have and to a new year of adventure in 2013!

Now...come on darkness!  I NEED to see that Unicorn Dream Lite in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...