Monday, June 11, 2012

Eat your heart out George Hamilton...

To tell you about today, we must begin with yesterday.  Yesterday, I was over at my good friend, Hearty Babe's, house.  Her daughter was throwing a birthday party for her little boy.  One of the cutest boys ever, by the way.  Anyway, she does spray tanning on the side.  I asked her if she was still doing that.  She said yes and asked if I wanted to try it.  I said sure, but that I was worried about turning orange.  She said, "you won't turn orange."  I say these words in quotation marks because my dear friend, whom I shall now call Spray Tan Barbie was not completely correct in making that statement.  I can't say much about it because, afterall, she took a bullet by standing in front me while I was in nothing but my skivies and airbrushed me.  She didn't throw up or anything.  That's bravery, and for that, Spray Tan Barbie, I salute you!  I did all my poses and she sprayed everywhere. She didn't spray me a six pack on my abs, but she did spray the existing keg that was already there. She said if I wanted to come back so she could spray my "girl parts to match" we could do that. This is true friendship.  I mean the list of people that are willing to spray tan my hoo hoo is short.  Really short.  I mean, I guess I haven't really asked a lot of people, but I think if I did, the list would still be short. Anyway,  I didn't really see the purpose in that, so I declined. It isn't like anyone is going to see my undercover girl parts.

So, the parting instructions last night were, "Don't touch yourself a lot."  Ok, well, I could make any number of inappropriate comments here, but I did tell her, "Well, I don't really know how I am going to keep my hands off myself, but ok, I'll try."  As soon as I got home, I went to bed and the first thing I could not resist doing is making myself a "Cassondra Blanket" and attaching myself to Will's side.  HA!  Take that pasty white boy!  I held on like it was a rodeo in spite of his attempts to peel me off.  By the time I was done, mission accomplished, he had spray tan boob and belly marks on his belly.  Mean? No.  Funny? Yes.  The thing is, karma does have a way of coming full circle because come morning, I woke up and found the palms of my hands to be dark orangey-brown and white hand prints on my belly.  Apparently, while sleeping, I put my hands on my belly.  This is exactly the kind of thing Spray Tan Barbie advised me not to do. 

I went down and took a shower and I thought, okay, this is okay....it's kind of orange, but kind of really tan, I'm tropical. I"m not George Hamilton, but I'm not a Tahitian beauty either.  I considered covering up as much as I could and then I thought, no.  If I can rock this fat body on a daily basis, I can rock this fat orange body.  Own it!  I put on a nice off-white, knee-length linen skirt and an off-white top with short sleeves.  I'm orange and I'm proud.  Actually, if you ever see orange sherbet ice cream with vanilla mixed in, that is what I looked like.  I was a creamcicle. 

To forewarn my co-workers of my new nationality, Orange, I posted the following message:
"spray tan update: I am from the villiage of Tonga Tonga. Do not be afraid. My orangey skin is normal...and no, the splotches on my armpit and boobs are not disease. And, yes, I know my palms are orange, turns out I slept with my hands resting on my belly. Loofah, Lather, Repeat. LOL. Well, I had to try anyway, I don't think this body is meant for these type of cosmetic enhancements."

I arrived at work and did what any girl would that wanted to hear the truth, I went straight over to my gay friend, File Bitch, and asked him point blank, "Am I orange?"  Without hesitation, without considering me at all he simply stated, "Yes."  Others came over to see me and said, "Wow, you got a lot of sun." Okay, first, we all live here in the same area, where exactly do you think I got that much sun on an overcast weekend?  Boss number one said, "you've been spending a lot of time on the beach."  Yes, because that is where I hang out when it is 55 degrees outside in my fat girl bikini.  I said, "no, I was spray tanned."  He looked me up and down.  I said, "I know, I'm orange."  He looked up and down again and said, "I don't think you look orange."  His lips said no, but his eyes said yes.  Oh, well.  I rocked it. Not everyone can.  Orange isn't for everyone.  Three different people thought they were hilarious and called me an Oompa Loompa.  For this, there will be a price, but at a later date.  Foolish people.  One of the guys that came in for a typing test stared at me a lot.  Mostly at my chest. Dirtbag.  That's okay because the whole time he was talking to me I was staring at that ugly, huge mole under his nose.  No one that is tall, hairy, weird and smelly can work a mole.  No one.

One person said to me as I was leaving, "if you were nervous about being orange, you sure wouldn't know it with that outfit.  You just put it all out there."  That's pretty much what I do, put it all out there.  Take it, or leave it, you're getting it.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...