Monday, December 26, 2011

I was robbed at Wendy's...

Will and I were out and about today, even though it was foolish to venture out on the day after Christmas.  None the less, we were in the thick of it.  We fought bad driving, crowds and general post Christmas sale hysteria, and survived. 

I noticed on the way home that Will had some coupons for free Jr. Frosty's at Wendy's.  After our day, I thought we deserved a little treat.  I asked Will if he just found these coupons or what.  He said he had made a donation to some sort of children's charity and got these coupons.  Sweet.  We went through the drive-thru and some scowly faced girl gave us our two Frosty's.  I mean, we must have been the most horrible people ever to just get our free stuff and nothing else.  We should have felt dirty, I suppose. 

Anyway, I don't know what the scowly girl's problem was since the Frosty's were so small I thought they were key chains at first. It's not like Wendy's lost any money there.  That Wendy is a stingy ice cream hoarder, if you ask me.  Then, I took the lid off and realized the size of the Frosty cup was so small, my spoon barely fit in there.  If they were smart they would give you super small spoons so that you would really think you were getting a big serving.  I know flies that would have starved to death on one of these things.  I mean, I don't know what flies eat, aside from crap, but it seems like a directly proportionate amount. 

I posted my outrage on my Facebook account tonight about the size of the Frosty and I was advised  two things.  First, I was advised that this could be directly related to childhood obesity.  Well, America, you are a day late and a dollar short on that one, so give me a REAL sized Frosty.  Then I was told, "it's free, what are you complaining about?"  To which I said, "I don't care if it was free, I still feel robbed."  And  besides, Will gave money to the children's fund, where is OUR love?  If Wendy's really cared about the children, they wouldn't scrimp on their free Jr. Frosty's.  I mean, who is going to be motivated to save those children at this point? 

I took a picture of the Frosty next to a water bottle and a little stuffed pound pony to show actual size. My pound pony could kick that Frosty's ass.


2 comments:

  1. I had two left over "free" Wendy's Jr Frosty coupons. Left them on the desk for one of my least favorite co-workers...he has kids...he will be their least favorite now too. Bwa! ha! ha! ha!

    ReplyDelete

Soul Work: Letter to my body

 It's been a while since I have blogged.  The downtime has been a time of learning, healing and accepting.   Through the Ambassador prog...